Lam Partners seeks Lighting Designers to join their team
Desired skills and experience include
- Training in lighting design, architecture, or interior design
- At least two years of experience working as an architectural lighting designer
- Understanding of architectural design and building systems
- Ability to effectively visualize and communicate design ideas
- Creative thinking, expressed through completed design projects
- An understanding of 3D modeling and advanced design software
- Proficiency in the use of Revit for lighting design
- Hand sketching
- A keen eye for detail and attention to accuracy of design documentation
- Clear and effective writing and verbal communication
For senior positions, additional skills and experience include:
- Effectively managing lighting design projects
- Ability to take the lead in developing design solutions for your projects
- Collaborating directly with Principals and Clients as a team for each project
About Lam Partners
Lam Partners is a team of talented lighting designers, working together in a collaborative, creative, fun, and respectful environment. We combine experience and professionalism nurtured over the 60 years of our firm’s history with the creativity, flexibility, responsiveness, and cutting-edge technical excellence demanded for today’s projects. Our project portfolio is very diverse, covering all types of buildings and exterior environments, located across the US and around the world. We are leaders in developing and applying the latest digital tools to lighting design, such as 3Ds Max, Rhino/Grasshopper, and Climate Studio. We support everyone’s professional development with in-house training sessions, and on an individual basis with mentoring.
We believe that a healthy personal life is essential to an effective professional life, and allow for flexible work hours, opportunities to work remotely, and consideration of family commitments. In addition to an excellent benefits package, we support our staff’s professional development with generous stipends, time off, and reimbursements for exams, recertification fees, and membership dues.
Applicants should send a resume and portfolio (or a link to online versions) to email@example.com. If you have a connection to a current Lam Partners staff member, please note this in your cover letter. Applicants must be able to work legally in the US.